June Happenings

 This little peanut graduated herself to a big girl bed... and her mama lost a little piece of her heart.  We packed up the crib and switched the girls rooms so June is not actually sleeping in below pictured bed (we needed her in a bed with rails, and Lucy's top bunk bed was perfect for this little pea pod!)

First day of summer! AND National Donut Day! It was a dream come true. We ate Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts and then headed to the pool to celebrate!



I went to the Dixie Chicks concert with a couple friends...

Bubs fell asleep in the front yard... this boy... oh my heart.  He plays hard and sleeps hard. Love him so!

We went to Abby and Ellie's birthday party!

These two were mischievous during quiet time...

But the marker only ended up on their faces, so I was happy!

We celebrated my birthday! 
Ben and I went out for breakfast while a friend watched the kids and we even fit in a little shopping!
While the kids were having a blast :)
Ben planned an awesome day - took me out, made me a cake, got me a present (a new bike helmet!), and planned a picnic in the park. And Katy hired a cleaning lady to clean the house while we were away.  I had such a great day celebrating! It was the perfect birthday.





 
We've hung out with our neighbor friends!


And gotten messy with paints! 

We also got invited to an Rubber Ducks game.  Our friends had a suite and invited us to share in the fun! The kids weren't very in to the game, but we were able to keep them somewhat entertained and tried to convince them that getting to go to a baseball game and sit in a suite was a BIG Deal!



We've been to the library lots! It's one of my favorite places to go and in the summer the library puts on special programming.  This time we got to see Outback Ray and his wild animals!
 



 

And the thing we've probably done the most is the pool! We got a membership to a gym this summer that includes a pool and it's the kids favorite thing to do.  I should say it's really Hank's favorite thing to do, he would choose to go to the pool every day if he could... and Lucy always ends up seeing friends there so she loves it too. 
 They all really seem to have a blast while we're there!

We went to Wolf Creek Winery for a friends birthday. This is one of my favorite spots in Akron - it's beautiful, there's wine, you can bring your own food, and the kids love running around and playing. It's perfect! 


We watched the Cavs win a National title with neighbors...


And we went to see Finding Dory with friends... 

We've had a busy summer so far and I've been loving having all my babes home! They may create a little more chaos and a little more mess, but I'll take it if it means slow mornings, extra snuggles, and lots of playing. 

And then, just for fun, here are a few videos of June trying to wrestle daddy and giving her best Guido face.  Love this little sassy pants. 



Comments