Lucy's 6th Birthday


For Lucy's 6th birthday she wanted her ears pierced this year.  We decided that was a pretty big and exciting thing to get so we skipped having a friend party and celebrated by having sprinkle pancakes, sending birthday treats in to school, getting her ears pierced, going to chuck e cheese and finishing up with ice cream at sweet frogs.  All in all I'd say she had a pretty good day celebrating!!
We got her a snackeez cup (per her request), a frozen dress (per her request) and then a couple other small things - gel pens, slippers, and a headband. And she also got an easy bake oven and a pretend mouse pet from her grandparents.
We headed to Claire's after school and met a friend there who was getting her ears re-pierced.  It was pretty fun to have a friend there getting ears pierced too... we are thankful to have such good friends in Akron!




Lucy was very brave and didn't even cry! She flinched a little but claims "it didn't even hurt". Afterwards we bought a pair of kitty cat earrings and supported Amelia as she got her ears pierced.









 After getting her ears pierced we at dinner and played games at chuck e cheese and got ice cream at sweet frogs!




Comments

  1. Love reading your blog and adventures of your family. Read about your oldest, Lucy, having her ears pierced for her birthday.

    When I read it, it reminded me of a situation with both our girls, one aged 5 and the other 27 mos.

    Well, when our ODD wanted her ears pierced, we agreed and she did great. However, she wanted to know why her baby sister didn't have earrings too. I tried to explain to her she wasn't old enough until her baby girl cousin, aged 12 mos showed up for a visit with cute little gold balls in each ear! Again, she wanted to know why she had earrings and her sister didn't. My SIL said it was something all the girls in her family have earrings by their first birthday. Her dd did very well and she said, they were easy to care for. I was still unsure.

    I asked our ped about having our YDD's ears pierced as a toddler since I'd heard this wasn't the best time to do it. She said, with safer methods of ear piercing, doing it early when mommy could care for them was best. I was surprised at her response and told her I would think about it.

    Well, when our toddler broke into my jewelry box and brought my husband, my pearl stud earrings wanting him to put them in her ears, I finally gave in. Rick said to go ahead and get our 2 year done too before we had to take her to the ER to remove MY earrings from her ear canal. Seeing other babies and little girls with cute earrings, I finally yielded to pressure from my 5 yr old and husband.

    Don't know if you'd considered having your younger dd's ears pierced now or she is in love with her older siblings earrings. However, my ODD was so proud of her baby sister getting earrings too. This Easter, I put pearls in my two girls and wore mine of course too. Best part was watching the girls stare at the mirror saying "pretty!" It was priceless! Both girls looked adorable in their Easter pics with little pearls like mommy. They never had problems with healing or other issues.

    I'd say if you've remotely thought about it, then your mommy intuition may be telling now is better and I'd say go ahead so both girls look cute!

    Amy
    amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment