First Day of School 2015

Well, the day I've been dreading since this baby girl was first placed in my arms is finally here: the beginning of our school days.  I love staying home with my kids- I love spending time with them and the flexibility it provides.  School days mean less time with my little lady and a tight schedule so we can fit naps and meals in between pick-up/drop-off.  But, despite my sour attitude, Lucy was SO excited for school and has been loving every minute of it.  I guess I'm just going to have to get used to this new schedule...
 Lucy on her first day of Kindergarten at the Resnik Community Learning Center, and Akron Public Elementary School.  Her teacher is Miss. Pernice.
 The school requires her to wear a uniform, but it's pretty flexible and has made me a little excited for school as I pick out rompers and knee high socks.  Turns out back to school shopping is one of the fun things about going back to school!  The uniforms also make our routine in the morning easier since Lucy has a few specific outfits to choose from.





 Lucy's school is close enough for us to walk.  There are two other families close to us that we've been walking with every morning, although one of them will be moving soon- which we are sad about! I've been picking up Lucy every afternoon as well, but our next door neighbors have offered to bring here home with them in the afternoons Monday through Thursday and I'll watch them on Fridays.

 Lucy's classroom:

 Her teacher is so young and so energetic, I'm really excited for Lucy to be in her class.  Seeing Miss. Pernice's enthusiasm for her class has made this whole process a lot easier.
 
 Another big thing happened this week - our little man started preschool!  I don't know why, but preschool doesn't feel as sad to me as the start of kindergarten.  In fact, it's kind of a welcomed relief.  Hank is ready for a little more structured learning and time to play with other kids his age, so going to school two days a week from 9-11:30 is just what he needs.
 His teacher this year is Ms. Megan, she is new to the preschool and is actually one of my friends here in Akron, I met through the preschool.  We are excited for her to be Hank's teacher and work with him on learning letters and learning how to behave in a classroom. 
 Hank is also already having a blast and loving his time at preschool and his teacher said he was great!  Ms Megan mentioned that he is a leader in the class and a great listener.  She also reported (and so did Hank, excitedly) that he didn't suck his thumb the whole time.  I was so proud of him!
 These two little peanuts don't seem to miss their big sister while she's away at school during the day, and June doesn't seem to mind the extra one-on-one time we get while Hank is away too.  They all love each other and love playing together, but I think they each like having their own thing as well.


Our first week of school went great! It was chaotic and busy and overwhelming and emotional - but I think I'm the only one in the family that felt that way.  The kids love school and that's what is most important!

Comments