June 5 Months

 









(I'm a little late getting this up, but here's what I remember from last month...)
June at 5months:
-Started eating solids (she actually started the day she turned 5 months, and more because I needed something to give her to keep her happy in the car, but she seemed interested enough when I gave it to her in the car that I kept it up after the trip was over)
-Likes store bough purees better than mom's home made kind
-Doesn't eat much, but will usually eat a bit at "breakfast" and "dinner" (I usually nurse her then wait 30-45minutes and feed her whenever we are all sitting down to eat)
-Nursing schedule is still the same (8am, 11:30am, 3pm, 6:30pm, 8:30pm plus 1-2 feedings in the middle of the night)
-Is still nursing at least once in the middle of the night, if not twice.  This month June's night sleep was all over the board - she started waking every hour for me to put her pacifier in, so I decided to nurse her upon the first waking and that seemed to give her longer stretches, but basically meant she was nursing every 4 hours round the clock... sigh... she did have a few good weeks mixed in though where she would only nurse once, so I'm just taking the bad with the good!
-Is still a great napper - taking three 1.5hr-2.5hr naps a day (sometimes needing a paci pop halfway through)
-Still sleeps with a paci, swaddled between two blankets and propped on her side by two pillows (I'd really love to break this habit next month, but she goes down so peacefully right now and naps so great, I'm nervous to change things up.)
-Has rolled both ways, but doesn't do it often
-Is getting better at sitting on her own but still isn't great and really doesn't enjoy sitting... she'd rather be jumping, standing, or laying on her back sucking her toes. 
-Loves putting everything in her mouth 
-Is very happy and smiley and easy-going
-Loves playing with her brother and sister.  She stares at them all day long and they get her to laugh all the time. 

And finally... here are the babes each at 5 months...
(Hank, June, and Lucy)

Comments