Advent Activites (Part 3)

7. Go to a tree lighting...
(We went to the Fishers tree lighting, but missed the actual lighting of the tree and missed the hot chocolate and the line for Santa was super long, so we ended up going to Starbucks for hot chocolate and some treats instead!) 
 8. Make a gingerbread house...
(we invited a friend over for this)

9. Bake Christmas cookies...
 


10. Drive around look at Christmas lights...



 11. S'mores night...
(we didn't have chocolate or graham crackers, so we actually just had toasted marshmallows... but still fun)

Other activities that I didn't get pictures of...
12. Read Christmas stories by the fire
13. Read the Bible story of Jesus
14. Make caramel corn and deliver to neighbors
15. Go to a show (I actually did this with Beth and Courtney, but I'm still counting it! We went and saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat)

We also did 3 Bible Advent activities that my friend Emily sent me that were actually really cool.  They included Bible verses, activities and sometimes even some singing.  I don't think Lucy totally got what we were trying to explain, but I know we are planting important seeds for the future.

A few things I had on my list that we didn't get to...
-Visit Santa (although we saw him from a distance several times, Lucy never got to sit on his lap... kind of bummed about that)
-Candle lit dinner by the fire with Ben
-Bday cake for baby Jesus
-Hot Chocolate at a book store
-Christmas craft
-Anonymous gift
-Grace's Christmas Catalog
-Christmas at Traders Point

We had a lot of fun teaching Lucy (and Hank) about the true meaning of Christmas this year and got a lot of fun quality time in too!

Comments

Post a Comment