June is 4!

 I'm super behind on my blog and posts and life is, I'm assuming, only going to get busier, so I'm going to combine my birthday and yearly updates together.  I want to remember all the sweetness, but I also need to be realistic about what I can keep up with and what I actually need to remember. So.... Happy Birthday to June!!! We celebrated her 4th birthday by going to Castaway Bay as a family, eating cake, and opening presents. It was the perfect way to celebrate our sweet baby girl.






 June currently is in to Frozen, peppa pig, Doc McStuffins. She is our child with the most intense interest. By that I mean, she loves specific shows/characters and little collectibles from those shows more than the other kids. Either she has more of the little toys to collect because she is the third and doesn't need any more of the big toys, or she just has this weird interest. Maybe it's a combination of the two!



 

 
 Two other big hits were her new kitchen and her touch and learn table. She does a ton of make believe play and the kitchen has been such a fun thing to have to let her imagination go wild.
 
 Castaway Bay!! The kids had a blast and we were thankful to let June's celebration turn into a celebration for our whole family. Unfortunately I was not feeling well most of the time, but these guys still had a blast.

At the end of the weekend we had a bunch of cake leftover and ended up having cake for dinner. I love moments like this - as parents sometimes we get to say,  "cake for dinner!" Sometimes it's fun to just let the kids be kids and join in.


 June is so much fun - she is funny, goofy, silly and sassy. I asked all the family to describe June and we all said funny... she does silly stuff intentionally to make us all laugh. and don't even get me started on her dancing. She is one crazy lady when it comes to the dance floor. These videos represent June and our winter well. The first one shows June just playing by herself - she is so independent! On this day she put on her snow clothes and was playing in the snow all by herself. I love that she can stay entertained with just a little snow and her imagination.
This video is just another walk to school. We do this twice a day and a majority of the year it is done in the snow. June and I make the most of it though.

She's a bit bossy, knows what she wants and how to hold her own. She has her circle of friends (Penny, Abe, Eliza, Reagen and Audrey) and she is not super welcoming or warm to let others in if she doesn't know them. I sometimes have to remind her to be nice at the park or playground when other kids want to play... I think she's just never really had to make friends because Hank and Lucy (or there friends) are always around.



Did I mention she loves dancing...


The family and friends that she is close with, she is extremely loving and cuddly. I can see that most of the extended family is drawn to June because of her lovable nature. She will be the first to crawl up in your lap and give you a squeeze and the first to tell you how much she loves you.


June is very smart, at her 4th birthday she knew all of her letters and sounds and since then we have been working on reading her first books. She is also great at writing and drawing and often wants to be doing "homework" just like the big kids.
June and I spend a lot of time together during the day while the bigs are at school and she is truly a delight. She plays so well independently and I almost never have problems with her - no complaining, no arguing, she just doesn't really get in trouble. Now, when Lucy and Hank are home, they all do get along pretty well but it definitely adds a new dynamic that causes for some tears, frustrations and time outs.
June at 4: weighs 37lbs 14ozs and is 3' 5" tall


Comments