September Happenings

Lots of days with this sweet and sassy girl! We have a lot of alone time now that the two bigs are in school full time. I love spending time with June and am realizing how easy it is to have just one kid by my side.


We ran in the Akron Half-Marathon... Katy and I ran the half...


And Ben and the boys did the relay...
Oh, and we got to snuggle with this handsome boy all weekend! Such a treat!

We got settled into school days...
I've been watching one of our friends, Rowan, a few days a week after school. It's worked out really well because the boys get alone well and I get a little extra side money.
We went on a few training runs as a family. Some were really fun, and some ended up in tears and bloody knees... I think we'd still try again next year. It's fun running with the kids now that all three can bike so well!
Mimi came in town for labor day and we went to the air show in Cleveland...
We sat, ate Mexican food and watched the planes soar overhear. It was an awesome day!


We even had a bit of time to play at the science center while we were there...
My dad also came out for a visit. He helped watch the kids while we went to a training to get our foster care license and also took Ben to a Yes concert. This month was the first month we really got serious about getting our foster care liscense. It was something God had placed on my heart several months prior but after a few informatioin sessions I left fear get the best of me and kept making excuses as to why it didn't make sense. Finally after a great sermon series at our church Ben and I realized that this was a true calling from God and that we needed to be obedient to that call. We decided to take one step at a time, starting with taking the training classes... one class at a time. Honestly looking at the licensing process and the foster care work as a whole still sometimes overwhelms me, but taking one class at a time was much more feasible, and I honestly believe that's what God has called us to do... trust him with what's in front of us.
A few silly videos... one from walking home from school...

Playing at the playground after soccer...



And soccer!

Comments