Mother's Day

This Mother's Day we did a lot of celebrating. As usual, the kids didn't understand why we had to have a special day dedicated to mommy and decided to be on their worst behavior, but luckily Ben had a nice day planned out to combat the little rascals whiny behavior.

The first celebration was at Hank's preschool. They have a mother's day program with food and presents and songs. Loved spending the day with my special little guy... even when he was being a little rascally.




That Sunday we celebrated at home. It's only September and I can't even remember what we did to celebrate that day... probably the main reason I'm keeping this blog. My memory doesn't seem to do well beyond 3 months these days (or ever for that matter!) 
I do know we had church, brunch at home from Ben and I got everyone to wear what I wanted and take a picture  (and it only took a little bit of yelling!) I think this was the day I instilled the "on Sundays I decide what you wear!
And looking at the picture I mostly think I just had and influence... I'm guessing Hank stuck with whatever he wanted. Most of the day the kids kept saying things like - "is it STILL Mother's day" and "why does it have to be Mother's day?"... they're really sweet kids most of the time. I promise.


I did get some really sweet presents. Ben had the kids do a hand imprint and they each made me cards. Lucy's brought tears to my eyes... "I know you better than any one else. You were the one who held me first"... seriously. This girl is too much for words.



Comments