Anniversary Celebrations!

We coupled our anniversary trip with a trip home for Easter. We drove to Indy, celebrated Easter and then headed for the airport... leaving the grandparents in charge of the kids. Because my mom has a condo on the beach in Florida, we decided to go the cheaper route and stay for free and splurged on fun meals and outings while in Florda.

A sunset cruise...





Bike Rentals...





And lots of yummy food...
We also did a ton of relaxing and resting. It was the perfect little getaway! 

While at home... the kids had fun with their grandparents! Ben's parents watched them for a couple days and my mom did as well. I did leave the iPad with Lucy so she could Facetime us when she was sad... boy was that a bad idea. She ended up calling 3-4 times a day and the whole time was telling us how sad she was and how much she missed us. It ended up making me feel really bad for leaving her. I know she was having a good time and was just getting sad when she would call, so in retrospect I think I'll say no phone calls from now on when mommy and daddy are gone.





In addition to our trip, we celebrated as a family in Akron on the day of our actual anniversary. Lucy was so cute this year - she really understood the idea of what we were celebrating and even gave us a mad libs to fill out  and a spa day. It was so cute watching her shower us with love (something that doesn't always happen on special days... but hey, I'll take what I can get).






Thankful for 10 years of marriage and the family we have built in that time! God has been good to our family!

Comments