June 3 Year Old Birthday Party

I'm big on birthday celebrations. I'm not sure why they are so important to me, but I really like to make a big deal out of my kids on their birhtdays. That being said, June's birthday seems to be one of the hardest to celebrate because it's right after Christmas so we've usually just seen all our family (and no one is up for making the 5 hour drive) and June has never really needed anything because she's our third and because she just got a bunch of stuff for Christmas.  I typically look to my kids to guide the direction of their birthday (what do they want to do, what presents do they want, etc) and June hasn't had much of an opinion until this year. This year I think we finally got to see a little more of her personality and  little bit more of what June wants and I was so happy to get to celebrate and make a big deal out of my baby girl in the way she was wanting.

Our day started with the traditional sprinkle pancakes...



and I let June open 1 present...



June is really in to Frozen and Peppa Pig right now. June is different than Lucy and Hank in this way - they both loved shows and all the cartoon characters but I couldn't tell you what one stuck out whereas June is very specific about what she likes and has a love for Frozen and Peppa that I've never seen the other two have. It's pretty cute (and makes gift buying easy because I just look for Frozen and Peppa merchandise!)


During the day June had her 3 year old check up - she got shots, but handled them like a champ! She is overall a really happy little girl.
We also met Ben for lunch at Red Robin and she got to drink chocolate milk and play on the tablet there all she wanted... it's the little things in life!


Back at home, we opened presents once Ben got home. June got some new snow boots, a coat, hat and gloves. She also got a new peppa pig train, frozen lip gloss, a frozen water bottle, and frozen slippers. (Are you getting the theme here?!?)





Much like her single-mindedness with Peppa and Frozen, June was also very specific about her party... she wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese (which was surprising because the year before we went and she seemed a little frightened/overwhelmed about it) and she wanted our friends Jace and Jadelynn to come (I thought this was particularly cute because we used to see them on a weekly basis at life group but the past 6 months or so their parents started their own group and we didn't see them as regularly... even still, these were the only 2 kids June wanted at her party... I'm telling you this girl has a 1 track mind in everything she does!)


Lucy had been playing with her friend Emilia that afternoon and we ended up inviting her to come along.. this worked out perfect so each of the kids had a playmate!
June and Jordan



June and Jadelynn
I waited till the last minute to order the cake and of course, couldn't get a Frozen cake last minute. They had an adorable snowy scene cake at the store so I bought that and thought June would love it just the same, but as soon as I showed it to her she said - "that's not Frozen!"... I ended up going to get little figurines to place on top, but June never did let me live down that the cake was not actually a "Frozen cake". Lesson learned! This girl needs the real deal!

Happy Birhday June Bug! So glad we could have a day dedicated to celebrating you, just the way you liked it! We love you so much!!
June at 3 years old...
Height 3'2 (75%)
Weight 31lb (62%)

I usually do a more in depth post on the kids birthday but I got really behind and am just now getting to it in July... so I'm going to do a seperate 3.5year old update! See July 2017 for more details...

Comments