Thankfulness in December

December is already a pretty full month, but as I was looking through my pictures I found a few random photos that had nothing to do with Christmas and everything to do with things that brought me joy... so I decided to add a thankfulness post for December!
I pulled out some marshmallows and toothpicks and the kids had so much fun playing one afternoon. I'm thankful they are still so entertained by the little stuff in life.  Lucy said - "mom take my picture and put it on instagram"... haha, this girl is getting a little too into social media these days.
Ben and I were given a night away at a bed and breakfast by our small group and we did a babysitting swap with my good friend from Indy, so we were able to get away for a couple nights in December and relax at the beautiful bed and breakfast and get some Christmas shopping done.

Thankful for shopping trips with June where she documents our progress. Haha, found this photo on my phone and had to laugh... June was snapping pictures while I was shopping. I love spending the days with her and am already feeling a bit sad that she'll be at school two mornings next week.
These two girls love reading. I have found the two of them (and Ruthie) snuggled up on Lucy's bed reading so many times. I'm thankful Lucy's love of reading is rubbing off on June.
Seriously, this girl loves to read. So thankful for her.
Thankful for icy roads and snow that helped us get to school on a sled this afternoon.  Everyone at the schoolyard thought I was super mom for taking the kids on a sled, but it really was the most practical way to go. Our roads don't get paved so taking the sled was much easier than the stroller!
We took cookies up to Ben's work before Christmas and also took him out for lunch. The kids love going up to visit Dad at work!
Ben changed after work and Hank saw what he was wearing and immediately changed to dress like him. I'm thankful for how much these kids adore their dad.
Hank went sledding down our icy steps. I love how adventurous this kid is and how much he loves to play outside. Thankful for his spirit.

Comments