Random November Happenings: Zoo days, Grandparents Day, and Lots of Silly Fun!

 We had a relitively warm november so we took full advantage of it! One day when Lucy was off school we all headed to the zoo and had the best day! The sun was out, the zoo wasn't crowded (I think only Akron schools were off in the area) and the kids were so delighted I had gotten them happy meals from McDonalds... Lucy said "this is the BEST day ever!!"... haha, good to know a happy meal is all it takes to make them happy.

 This bird got so close to them, I think it was trying to get the troll doll in Hank's hand.  It kind of freaked Lucy out!
 My princess! A shot like this is so rare... dressed, clean, and good lighting. I had to capture lots of photos on this day because the kids were all looking so cute.



 Grandpa and Grandma Wehner came out for Grandparents Day this month. We had fun taking them around Akron and they had fun visiting Lucy's school. They also watched the kids on Saturday while Ben and I went to a training at our church. It was a great weekend!
 This picture is random, but I was cracking up on this day... June insisted on wearing PJs for the day (which she has been doing a lot lately, and it's not something I care enough to fight her on) and then she was refusing to get in her car seat after our grocery trip to Aldi. I told her "fine, we aren't going anywhere until you get into your seat"... anddddd she called my bluff. She was completely content playing in the car so we sat in the Aldi parking lot for a bit. I didn't mind too much, I wasn't in a rush to go anywhere and she was perfectly happy sitting next to me.
 These photos are random but we had a warm day in late November and our leaf pickup had already happened, but we still had tons of leaves in our yard. The kids had fun playing in the leaf pile and I had to grab a few pictures of their sweet faces.


 Another random photo but I just had to remember this... June and Hank were playing so nicely (I think while I was raking) "watering" the "flowers". Turns out they were dumping cups of water into the dirt, which then quickly became mud, which got all over their shoes but they just continued to walk in and fill up their cups of water... creating a mud trail going from the sink to the front door. I was so frustrated and overwhelmed! But this is real life....
 And on this day our excitement was a humongous opossum who was camped out in our backyard for a few hours.  Ruthie discovered the opossum and then he just camped out near our house and wasn't budging. I had called animal control to come figure out what was going on, but it eventually sauntered off on it's own and we haven't seen it since! It's a bit weird knowing this large creature lives somewhere in our backyard, but I just try not to think about it!

Last update November picture- I took Ben out for a celebratory dinner. He won Branch Manager of the Year at Otis so we celebrated at a fancy steakhouse... he deserved it! 

And now for a few of my favorite videos from this month...
June, getting her dance on. On the counter. Wobble baby. This was the Monday after I had gotten back from a girls trip in Florida and I was struggling to get back into the swing of things... when all else fails... dance party!!!
Lucy made a snowman one afternoon (so apparently we had a little chilly weather in November) and then she wanted to take a video of it and post it to youTube. haha... this girl cracks me up.
Another one of June. I love her silliness here. I watched this video so many times and just kept laughing. Her puppet show was so sweet.
And finally, Ben was pushing the kids super high on the swing and Hank ended up spinning off... it looks scary but I love that Hank starts cracking up.

Comments