Thankfulness: Pittsburgh, Sunshine and Reading Babies

 I walked upstairs after June had been quiet for awhile and found her sitting on our bed "reading: this chapter book. Such a sweet site!  We've been reading Little House on the Prarie together at night and I wasn't sure if June would have the attention span to sit and listen as I read, but she has been loving it. She'll even bring the book to me and ask me to read it during the day, ask questions about the story (so I know that she understands) and of course, as above, takes the book and flips through the pages reading in between our nightly sessions. This time has been so special to me as I remember reading this series when I was growing up!
 We made an impromptu trip to Pittsburgh which makes me thankful for so many reasons: our proximity to such an awesome city (that has an Ikea!!), how old and adaptable our kids are now - putting up with a long day of traveling and excitement and actually being able to enjoy the adventure, and a husband who loves adventuring as much (if not more) as I do! We set out for Pittsburgh planning just to go to Ikea (a trip we planned only a couple nights before) and on our way we found out that we could get into the Pittsburgh Children's Museum for free with our Cleveland Science Center memberships, so made an impromptu stop at the museum - which was a ton of fun - and then grabbed a bite to eat in the city. We had so much fun exploring! And of course we ended up at Ikea where we got new furniture for Lucy's room and new bedding for us! I'm hoping a trip back will be in our near future!




 I'm thankful for some warmer days we've had... it's been pretty gray and rainy, but we had a break in the rain last Sunday and we were able to enjoy a family walk to the park. And this silly girl thought she would skateboard! That didn't last long.
I'm thankful for our friend Penny! I've been able to earn a little fun money while having this sweet little girl as a playmate for June. It's been a win-win for both Penny's family and ours and I couldn't be happier for the opportunity.




I am thankful for our break-dancing, crazy boy! He is so wild and fun and just a joy... especially when there is music playing!

And I'm thankful for our kids who have been playing so well together lately. We re-set up June's bunk beds this week to make room for some of the new furniture and just that small change made them excited to snuggle together and read. So thankful for the love they have each other in this stage. I know it won't last and I am trying to soak it up as much as possible. I wish they could stay best friends like this forever (and maybe they will)!

Comments