June 1 Year old update - but actually 1.5!

So this is the lastest I have probably ever done an update, but I suppose that's bound to happen now and then with our third little peanut. But as I always say... better late than never!! I'm writing this update 8 months after she turned 3, so some of these things might not have been true of her right at 3.  Also - I totally forgot to do a photo shoot of June at 3 years, so these random photos will have to do! They show a lot of her personality... so that works.
June is full of sass and a lot of personality. Thus the pictures above of her pushing around her own grocery cart at the store, hand on her hip and all. She insisted on filling it with groceries and pushing it around.... it was too cute. I know I have said this about all of my kids at this age, but I really do think she is one of the funniest kids. She acts goofy on purpose and does silly stuff to make us all laugh. She can be so much fun to be around. This past year I got to spend a lot of time with just June and we would have the best time together - she gives the best snuggles and loves hugging and holding hands. She usually does the right thing without her older brother or sister messing with her and rarely gets in trouble. She has a bit of a stubborn streak that will sometimes lead to a timeout or losing of a privilege- like refusing to pick up toys or refusing to say please, but typically a quick timeout or break solves the problem.
She loves playing with the Lucy and Hank and caters to their play. She fits right in with older kids and likes to be around people... I'm guessing like most third kids. She plays up and can do things I'm pretty sure most other three year olds can't. Her favorite people to be with are Lucy, Hank, Estella and Mason. And she'll hang with any of Lucy and Hank's friends when they come over - she's just one of the big kids!
Overall she's a great sleeper and eater. June sleeps a good 11-12 hours at night and will also typically take a nap. She's definitely getting close to not needing a nap and will skip it on days when we are on the go, but it is still a consistent part of her day for right now. She naps later because of school pick-up, so her typical nap is from 3-4:30 and I usually always have to wake her at 4:30... although she's always a little grumpy.

June is definitely more of our grazer, usually sneaking in the pantry and grabbing food for herself, but I've been trying to be more consistent with only letting her eat at meals. She loves cottage cheese, cheese sticks, fruit and ham. She'll eat almost any other food I give her, but those things are consistently her go to's... she LOVES cheese. She prays for us every  night before dinner - "dear Jesus, thank you for this food, thank you for this dinner, amen." Short and sweet, but she insists on being the one to pray every night.

Her nickname right now is Bossbaby. Partially because a movie just came out with that name, but also partially because she thinks she's the boss. She likes to tell people what to do, when to go, and where to be, and coming out of such a tiny lady it really cracks us all up. The older two usually comply and like to keep June happy, but I've been trying to tell them not to let her push them around too much... she's going to get a complex!!! Lucy and Hank love to fight over her affection. They'll often ask her who is her favorite is and try to win her attention. She's got everybody wrapped around her little finger. And could you blame us? She's pretty cute.
All of these pictures are actually from March... and can you tell what a crazy month it was?!? Snow one week... barefoot at the park another!
Academically she seems to be doing pretty well - she knows almost all of her letters and most of the sounds. We try to do a little bit of school work every week and she seems to catch on pretty fast. She's definitely still working on the full alpahbet, but I can see her getting that in no time. Especially as she starts up preschool this fall. She loves coloring, reading, Peppa Pig and Frozen (she's been my only kid to have such specific character interests... it makes buying stuff fun because she loves those characters so much!), riding her bike (which she learned to do this spring!), swimming, going to the library, going on dates with mom to get chocolate milk, snuggling, and playing with friends, although she's very independent and has no problem playing on her own.

As tough and brave as she is (people are often amazed at the stuff June will) there are times that June will freeze up and become shy and won't budge. For example, we enrolled her in swim lessons this summer and for some reason are outgoing, brave, pool-loving girl would not get in the pool. She was frozen and cried almost the entire first lesson. Luckily my mom talked with her and told her that she wouldn't be allowed at the "florida pool" unless she "passed" her lesson... one talk from mimi was all it took. That girl was swimming like a pro in no time!




We love you sweet girl. You are so much fun these days, I honestly can't get enough of you. You sometimes kick and scream and fight me, but the sweet moments have been covering the crabby ones lately and I've been wanting to soak up every second with you. I keep asking you to never grow up, but I don't think you're going to listen to me. So for now, I'm just going to savor every moment I have with you baby girl, because I know it goes fast.

I somehow remembered to do June's three year old video!


Favorite toy: pretend mermaid
Favorite fruit: apple
Favorite vegetable: broccoli
Favorite show: Johnny Test
Favorite thing to wear: something purple (and jammies!)
Favorite food: mac n cheese
Favorite animal: giraffe
Favorite book: "penguin one"
Favorite song: "whole world"
Best friend: Jadelynn
Do outside: ride bikes
Favorite drink: water
Likes to sleep with: paci's and blankies
What do you want to be when you grow up: a witch lady
Favorite sport: basketball


This video kind of shows June's personality... ask her to sit down on the couch and she doesn't want to... so then I bribed her... yep, that's parenting your third.  So, half of the video June is behind the couch.  Plus this shows Hank's personality too... he is my little button pusher. Half the video I spend telling him to stop answering questions and he keeps disobeying. This is literally my everyday. I did watch Lucy's three year old video though and she had a similar personality at this age... goofy... just plain goofy...

Comments