Summer Fun! Pool, Pizza and new Panties!

June officially started wearing big girl underwear this summer! I was super anxious about potty training after having a tough experience with Lucy and a rough start with Hank, but June took potty training like a champ. She was seriously the most easy to potty train. Everything literally just clicked! If another parent would have told me their kid behaved this way, I probably would have just assumed they were lieing or not telling me the full story, but I actually witnessed it and realized that it is all dependent on the kids personality. That and I think God knew I needed a break this time around!
We spent many days at the pool this summer. I think I only took pictures this day when our neighbors and friends had met us there. We had a blast swimming with our friends! And we had a blast going to the pool all summer - the JCC was one of Ben's greatest ideas!




The kids also decided to take the plunge and take the swim test to be able to go down the water slide and go off the diving board. Lucy had been able to do it all summer, but had no interest in the diving board or slide so didn't really need to take the test and Hank was really just building up his stamina, but seeing Estella and Mason complete the swim test gave both of them the courage and strength to take and pass the test! The JCC pool just got taken to a whole new level!




And lastly, we had a new pizza joint go in down the street. The pizza is awesome, it's within walking distance and they have great ambiance.  The food is a bit pricey, so we probably won't be back with the kids any time soon, but we have done a date night there and hope to take advantage of this fun restaurant lots in the near future!
 

Comments