Florida- Solo Trip To PCB With The Kids

My mom bought the kids and I plane tickets to Florida this summer to visit her new condo in Panama City. In all my excitement to get to Florida when agreeing to the trip, I didn't think about how crazy it would be to fly with 3 kids by myself! Fortunately, the kids did way better than I could have ever planned, and we made it both legs of our trip without any major problems! And I found, flying with three littles is a good distraction for the anxiety I usually feel when flying.

The kids got to go in the cockpit and meet the pilot!
I had planned on putting all three kids together, and sitting across the aisle from them, but the stewardess wanted me between the two little ones in case there was any type of emergency. Luckily, Lucy was a trooper and was totally ok sitting across the aisle... that or maybe it was a nice break being away from her pesky brother and sister. Either way - she did great! I got each of the kids head phones and 1 splitter and between my phone and the ipad, everyone was able to entertain themselves for both of our flights (we had a connection in Atlanta).

The one thing I would do next time is shove all of our stuff into 1 carry-on, or maybe two. I gave each kid a back pack and a carry-on and that ended up being a lot to lug around and because my mom has her own washer/dryer I should have just packed less and had less to carry.
Once in Florida, we had a blast! The weather was perfect, the kids had fun, and I got the perfect amount of relaxation in. My mom came down without my niece and nephew so she was a able to help a ton and even convinced June it was time to start wearing big girl undies!





 Hank really wanted to ride a jet ski, but also kept refusing to go out far in the ocean, so I told him if he came out in the ocean and stayed with me I'd rent a jet ski for us. Of course he held up his end of the deal, so I had to hold up my end too. Turns out we both didn't really enjoy our time out on the water (it was too fast, too splashy, too far out, etc)... so we ended up cutting our time short.  But at least we can say we did it!



 Mom's view from her condo. We could see the storm rolling in...
 These three would have stayed in the pool all day if we would have let them. They went from pool to hot tub to pool to hot tub all. day. long.
 Having fun in the hot tub with my little lady...



 Storms rolling in...


Comments