Start of The School Year 2016

Hank's first day of pre-k! His teachers are Miss Nichole and Miss Mindy this year and he is at Montrose Zion Methodist Church (the same preschool Lucy went to)

Overall Hank has been really liking school, much better than last year. He usually always complains a little about having to go in the morning, but when I pick him up he always talks about how much fun he's had.

This school year has felt extremely busy for me. Between taking Lucy to and from school (something I had neighbors help with part time last year) and taking Hank to and from school 4 days a week this year I have felt like I'm running on empty. I'm hoping next year when June is in school 2 days a week and Lucy and Hank are at the same school I'll feel a little respite from preschool, but right now I actually prefer the days when we don't have to do the school shuffle.










Lucy started 1st grade this year! Her teacher is Miss LaCivita and she is as Resnik Community Learning Center. She has a great group of kids in her class (lots of families we have gotten to know through our neighborhood and the JCC) and her teacher is young and enthusiastic about her class.  So far she is loving it as much as kindergarten, although she definitely has had mornings where she was tired and just wanted to stay home (something she never said last year!).   And it has definitely been an easier year for me as I've gotten adjusted to the school and the new elementary school routine.


Right at the beginning of the year Lucy's teacher planned a field trip to an apple orchard for her class. I got to go with a couple other moms and had a fun day walking around learning about the orchard with Lucy and her fellow classmates. It was a great way to start the year and get to know the teacher and other kids in her class - I was super thankful Miss LaCivita planned it!






First day of first grade!

















Comments