Luke and Emily Wedding

We had a busy, busy, busy year! I don't know if that is just the season of life we are in or if it was a combination of having two weddings, a major surgery, and a couple big house projects - but either way, I'm hoping next year will slow down a bit (and that I might actually catch up on all my pictures!!!) The second major wedding this year was Ben's brother Luke's wedding. He married Emily on September 7th and we had so much fun celebrating them and welcoming Emily into the Wehner family. It's not only awesome having another girl around the Wehner family, it also turns out Emily is a lot of fun to be around too - the perfect addition to our family!

While most of the wedding was fun, I'm not going to lie it was also pretty stressful. Everyone was in the wedding except me so there was a ton to do to prepare and also to keep them all clean and safe the day of the event. While weddings are usually something I look forward to as a fun party, this wedding was more a lot of stressing, prepping, correcting and guiding.  Turns out having three kids in a wedding and not having your husband around to help is a lot of work!

They all made it down the aisle though! Yay!!! And they looked adorable, didn't ruin any of the wedding day, and stayed quiet during the ceremony.  Double yay!!! I was ready to relax once the ceremony was over, but the kids were still being squirrely during the cocktail hour (another parent came over and yelled at Hank in front of us so I ended up taking them inside the house for a time out until the reception started) and then by the time I got them fed and settled at the reception and we were just about to start dancing, June passed out on my chest and I was camped out in a chair for the rest of the night.  All in all everything was so beautiful and so fun, just a completely different experience going to a wedding with a 2, 4, and 6 year old.





















This is a bit out of order, but the above and below pictures are actually from the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.


















 







Comments