Advent Activities Part 1

We had a lot of fun getting our advent activities done this year. I can tell the kids are enjoying the activities more and more and that they are significant to them.  They remembered many things from last year and looked forward to opening our advent tin each day.

Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of times during the activities that the kids get whiny and cranky and I can't remember why we are doing them, but I'm hoping that the intentional time we are building into them now will be some of their most cherished memories later. 

This is a bit of a random group of photos, but they are all things we did for our advent calendar.  I tried to take pictures most of the time, but I didn't get everything.... here are some of the highlights.

Picking out our Christmas tree
We went to a tree farm and cut down our tree.  It was fun! They had hot chocolate and a fire afterwards and it wasn't too cold... all made for a perfect day!



*note the kids decided to paint their hair that morning with lucy's chalk hair painting kit



That night we decorated the tree and put lights up!




The next set of pictures is from Hank's preschool program.  I love these kids. 

This picture depicts my children perfectly. I feel like someone said, ok now pose like your personality! Aloof Hank, sassy Lucy and goofball June.  I love them so much.
Getting a little better...
Ok, there's my 3 smiling children.  It seriously takes to much work to get a shot like this...
And this...
(but so worth it!!)

Hank did awesome at his performance. Something about the stage makes my kids really light up.  He was such a little star up there! We are so proud of him.



Lucy got to sing as well.  Every year they have their alumni come back to perform.  She was so excited to go up on stage!




It was tricky to keep this little one silent.  She danced for awhile, shaking her little booty while standing on the pew, and then wanted to squirm all around and yell to her friends across the church..


Comments