June 18 months

We're a little past this milestone, and I'm having trouble remembering exactly what June was doing at 18months, so I'll just update for where we are at (which is about 20 months)  

Lately June is...
-23lbs 15oz (64%) and 2ft 7in (30%)
-Talking a ton! She has been trying out new words every day and is stringing 2 and 3 word sentences together.
-Bossy! She likes things her way and likes that she can pretty much get her older brother and sister to comply.  We've got to work on this behavior a bit...
-Loving her brother and sister.  These past few months have been so fun for me to watch June develop a love for Lucy and Hank.  The three of them play so well together (most of the time).  June loves just being part of the gang. 

 -Sleeping great! Her sleep has been the same since about 13/14 months on.  One 2-3hour nap in the middle of the day (somewhere between 12:30-1:30pm) and 11-12 hours every night.  She pretty much stays on the schedule Lucy and Hank are on, so sometimes that means a little later bed time - but she is always a trooper and keeps up with them no problem.
-a bit of a picky eater, but  nothing to terrible or out of the ordinary.  She loves cheese, raisins, fruit and goldfish, but veggies are a little harder to sneak in.  She also has a terrible habit of helping herself to whatever is in the pantry, so lately I've been moving all of the food from the pantry to the top of the fridge.
-So much fun to be around! While we have the occasional tantrum and moments when I can't figure out what she's wanting, these past few months have been filled with lots of laughs and snuggles.  June is a fun-loving, silly little girl and provides us with so much joy. 
-kind of a monkey.  I think we get the most comments from people on how wild and daring she is.  Which is true! Luckily we haven't had any major injuries, although she did take a big fall from the top of the playground down the street (thankfully the only problem was her being a bit shook up!) 
-kind of a rough.  The nursery workers at church always ask if she has lots of brothers at home... I sheepishly answer that she actually only has one... 


  -loving books lately.  I was a little nervous I slacked too much on reading with you and you would never like to sit down with a book, but finally you have warmed up and love reading with mom or just sitting in your room "reading" books by yourself.
 -loving the stroller.  I don't think either Lucy or Hank loved the stroller as much as June does. She often walks out to the grarge, gets in her stroller and screams at me until I take her on a walk. This is actually a great thing since she ends up spending a lot of time in there while I run her brother and sister around. 
-learning to say "cheese" when I hold up a camera :) (finally 2 kids looking and smiling... it's a miracle!!)
 -is such a sweet girl when she's without her brother and sister.  I think she loves the one on one attention.


  We love you June bug! You are absolutely perfect in every way and we are so thankful for who you are.  I can't wait to see how you grow and what your little personality will turn into. 

Comments