Lucy's Dance Recital

 The day we drove back from Florida - Lucy had her first dance recital! The timing was unfortunate - we had just driven 14 hours through the nigh - but Lucy was a trooper and was awesome during her performance.  I was waiting to post photos until I got better video from a friend, but I'm posting now and will hope to get some better video later.  My phone didn't capture great quality of the recital dance, but I included some practice videos in here as well.
 I was so overwhelmingly proud of Lucy.  She had worked so hard for an entire year practicing her recital - and she did it! Maybe I was a little proud of myself too... I had gotten her too practice every week for a year and we finally made it to the big finale! Lucy looked like such a beautiful little lady and really shined on stage.
 Towards the end of the dance season, Lucy had said she didn't want to do it anymore, so I assumed this was our first and last year of dance.  But of course, this summer she's been talking about how excited she is to do dance again... hmm.... we are going to have to figure out what makes the most sense for her and our family before signing up for anything next year.
 Lucy took dance with one of our neighbors, her friend Amelia.  This worked great for carpooling and it was nice for Lucy to have a friend in her class.
We are so proud of you Lucy!! You are getting to be such a big girl, it makes me sad to see you growing up, but at the same time I love seeing your personality blossom every day.

(Lucy starts on the far left in the above video)



Comments