June 1 Year

 Finally getting close to getting caught up! Happy Birthday to June! We celebrated June's actual birthday with sprinkle pancakes and lunch at the mall with Ben.
 June at 1 year reminds me a lot of Lucy at1 year.  She is sleeping well - 8/8:30pm - 7:30am(ish).  She was taking 2 naps at her 1 year mark, but has since dropped her morning nap, right before turning 14 months.  She goes down very easily and still loves her paci and to snuggle a few blankets.  We sometimes have to help give her a paci in the middle of the night, but that is pretty rare. 
 She's a pretty good eater, although she seems somewhat all over the place at meal time.  Unfortunately my first response when she is cranky and I have something to do (like make dinner), is to give her a couple full of Cheerios or Kix.  Probably not the best idea to do before dinner, but it works for now!  So her meals seems to be hit or miss sometimes, I'm guessing because she's not always hungry.  She does love cereal, milk, and anything sweet!  She can spot a cookie from across the room.
 She's kind of a monkey.  She typically refuses to sit in her high chair - standing for an entire meal.  (This is unfortunate bc I lost the straps to my high chair so I have no way to keep her sitting... I just keep thinking this is a bad habit we are going to have break down the road...)  She has recently found the joy in climbing up the bunk bed ladder (I discovered her all the way at the top, yikes!) and climbing up onto the kitchen table chairs and then onto the table. 
 She is a walking pro now, walking or running all over the place.  The most often comment I hear is - "wow she's really great at walking, how old is she?" I think because she did walk a bit early and she's a bit petite, so people are shocked to see her walking so well :) We also hear a lot how happy she is and how cute she is.  We obviously couldn't agree more.
 While she does seem to be so happy for other people (babysitters and the church nursery), she does seem to be rather fussy for me lately.  We have reached the age where June has a lot of needs she wants to communicate but she isn't quite able to communicate them just yet.  The result: lots of screaming, crying, and laying on the floor throwing tantrums.  While her little baby tantrums are pretty cute, I have been rather frustrated lately as June seems to be crying a lot of the day and seems to need me A LOT.  I don't mind holding her or snuggling her to try to appease her, but even that doesn't seem to make her happy at times and she starts throwing a tantrum in my arms.  I remember this happening so clearly with Lucy though, so I'm not really worried about it... only a few more months and then we'll have a bossy 2 year old on our hands.
 Her favorite things to do are: climb the stairs, get into things she's not supposed to, dump things and put things back, follow after Lucy and Hank, flip through books on her own, walk around exploring, taking showers/baths, playing chase or running away from me.
 She does not like: being picked up or messed with by her brother and sister (this is the biggest things I manage at home during the day!) or sitting with me to read (unfortunately probably a product or being a third child... she's had little reading time with mom and dad).  And she especially doesn't like doing things she doesn't want to do.  She's got an opinion!!
We love you so much baby girl! You are and will forever be our baby.  I love being your momma and doing this momma thing a third time around because I feel so much more comfortable and relaxed being your momma, knowing every phase we are in will pass and will be gone before I know it.  You are such a beautiful baby, I sometimes just can't stop staring at you.  I can't wait to see your little personality develop even more over this next year, but I can already tell you are going to be one spunky, fun-loving, sassy little girl (gee... I wonder where she gets that!).
 Happy Birthday June Bug!
 The peanut in her bday outfit.
 1 Year ago.
 Eating pizza at the mall with daddy.


Comments