Advent activities (Part 1)

We did an Advent calendar again this year.  I changed it up a bit this and inside of each of our containers was an activity and a sweet (unless the activity included something sweet, in which case we skipped the treat!) We also did an advent Bible study so after opening our container we read a a little devotional with the kids.  The activities are all fun, but I'm not going to lie, they add a bit of stress to an already stressful season.  And as much as I want the activities to help the kids remember the meaning of the season, I couldn't help but feel like the activities were just another thing to do (despite having lots of family-oriented activities and giving activities).  Anyway... not sure what we'll do next year.  The kids do seem to love it... I just want to make sure I'm putting effort into the right places!
Polar Express with Mimi
 Our advent calendar my sweet friend Beth gave me.  This year we got our tree before heading home for Thanksgiving, so it was ready and waiting for us to decorate the first day of December!






 Loved add some wreaths to our back windows this year!
 Read (and buy one) christmas stories at a book store and get hot cocoa!



Comments