June 8 Months











June at 8 Months...
-Has been growing and changing and developing a ton! She started crawling, waving, pulling to standing, and going from laying to sitting up this month (which meant lowering the crib and starting to baby proof around our house!)
-Was extremely sick.  June went through about 6 different sicknesses during the past several weeks.  This lead to a very cranky baby, a very frazzled mom and a lot of rough days.  I loved the extra cuddles June gave, and her sleep actually wasn't terribly affected at night, but naps kind of stunk this month and June was overall pretty fussy (understandably!)
-Now has 7 teeth!! I think most of them came during one of the sicknesses, so I actually didn't really notice because I was too busy focusing on cleaning up vomit and keeping her fever down. 
-Is nursing once in the middle of the night somewhere between 4-6a.m., and then sleeps on until 7:30-8:30a.m.
-Is FINALLY kicking that third nap, but wanted to hang on to it most of this past month (Instead of condensing her naps, she ended up taking three 45min - 1hr naps through the day).  She is finally close to giving it up, but if she doesn't take 2 good naps during the day she will add the third nap in on some days)
-Is eating great and is feeding herself a lot of things these days. Her pincher grasp started to develop more throughout the month and she is getting better at getting things in her mouth, but I still feed her a good amount of pureed foods as well.  
-Loves standing and has started to cruise a little, and stand without holding on to things for a few seconds (although that daring act she loves to do usually results in a lot of bumps and bruises.
-Is growing WAY too fast for this mama.  June seemed to jump a ton developmentally this month and it is making me feel sad that we are soon going to be out of the baby days.  No matter how much vomit was on me this month, or snot, or tears, I am still trying to soak up this girl every chance I get.
-Likes to tilt her head, burying it into my shoulder and "act shy" when people say hi to her.
-Loves paper and loves to eat paper (weird, but this girl will do anything to get to a piece of paper)
-Has gotten told she looks like  baby doll several different times (like I think 7 or 8 different times now, and all different occasions, and several people thought she was a baby doll until they looked closer!).  So many people comment on how beautiful she is and how striking her eyes are (I of course agree with them!)

Siblings! (Lucy, June, Hank)... each with their own unique looks here!  I get told she looks like Hank the most, but she reminds me the most of Lucy)
A few more random June shots from this past month...
Difficult diaper changes
Happy girl!


Watching brother and sister out front!
Stylish baby doll!
 

Her face most days as she watches her brother and sister...

 What I've been walking into this after nap times this month...



Comments