June 4 Months

 Pictures this month describe June perfectly...

I tried to get a few pictures on her tummy...

  But, pretty much anything and everything goes into her mouth.  I'm pretty sure she is teething- she gnaws on everything and is drooling a ton!
 Despite that, she is still all smiles, and a super happy baby!
 Getting pictures with her sitting proved to be quite the challenge also... I snapped a few...

 But then big sis came in and distracted my subject...
 She's really fun to watch...
 But I can be a tough crowd sometimes too...
 No matter what position I put June in, she either wanted to lean way too far forward...
 Or arch her back, trying to get into a standing position...
 Which resulted in this...
 Better luck next month mom!
 


At 4 months June...
-Eats at 8am, 11:30am, 3pm, 6pm and 9pm (then typically nurses once between 3-5am)
-Naps 1.5-2.5hrs after every feeding
-Has paci issues... and by that I mean sleeps AMAZING with it, but wakes whenever it pops out.  Sometimes this means she takes a solid nap without waking at all, sometimes this mean I'm in her room putting the paci back in several times (I just counted 6 different paci pops during this current nap).  Same with the nights... we typically put her paci in around 1am, 2am feed her at 4am and then put the paci in around 7am to help her stretch till 8am.  Sigh... I feel like I'm having de ja vu... we had the same problem with Lucy.  And I'm honestly not sure what to do about it... for now, we are going to stick with it, but we may be tossing the pacis and letting June cry if something doesn't change before 5 or 6 months.
-Still sleeps on her side between two pillows, swaddled, with a noise machine.  Although she is busting out of the swaddle, so I have a feeling that will be going soon too.
-Is strong! While her sleeping and nursing schedule reminds me a lot of Lucy, her activity reminds me a lot of where hank was at this age.  Close to being able to sit on her own, but not quite there.  Rolling from tummy to back, but not back to tummy.  And squirming around a lot when she is on her tummy.
-Loves: to stand in our laps, put anything in her mouth, and watching her brother and sister do anything.  She is seriously enthralled with them.
-Is getting treatment put on her hemangioma still, but it doesn't appear to be doing anything.
-No longer sleeps on the go as easy.  She'll take a 30-45minute nap if we are out and about, as opposed to 1.5-2.5hrs, so I pretty much stay around the house for nap times.  It also made our last car trip to Indy not quite as smooth.  Because she napped so short, she got hungry sooner so we had to stop a lot sooner and listen to her cry for longer chunks. 
-Is so giggly and smiley.  I think she is the baby that has laughed the most in my house.  It's pretty easy to get her chuckling, and I love it! (I captured her laughing below... it's fussy, but getting those laughs on camera is so tricky... I'll take what I can get!)

And finally... a sibling comparison shot... 

Comments