June 3 Months


 

 

 At 3 Months June...
-Is sleeping awesome! She takes a nap after every feeding for 1.5-2hrs, and has been giving me at least 7hr stretches at night and towards the end of the month has been sleeping through the entire night (last nursing at 9pm and sleeps until 8am)
-Loves her paci... she sleeps with it all the time and typically needs me to put it back in at least once during nap time (if not 2-3 times), she also typically needs me to do this at night as well (1-3 times).  I don't mind it so much now because it has helped her to take long naps and stretch longer at night... but I know we will eventually have to kick this habit.  At night she always wakes at 3am, the paci sometimes work, but sometimes doesn't, so I just feed her.
-Is a bit of a diva... she loves sleeping on her side, propped between two pillows, swaddled, with her paci, and a noise machine going in the backround... hey, it works, right?!?
-Is so happy! She smiles and laughs so much and has been so interactive with us.
-Has been getting an ointment put on her hemangioma in hopes of shrinking it (thus why it looks white in the pictures)
-Sleeps in her crib great, but takes a bit more work to stay asleep on the go, so we've been spending a lot of time at home lately (which I don't mind because taking all 3 kids anywhere by myself is pretty exhausting).
-Is very routine and scheduled, I left last weekend and Ben had the kids and I could almost tell him to the minute what June's day would look like.  She wakes most days around 8am (or I wake her) and nurses every 3-3.5hrs.  She goes down for the night at 7:30pm and I dream feed her at 9pm so I can get one last feeding in before I go to bed.
-Does great on her tummy and has rolled a few times from tummy to back (although I wouldn't really say she's mastered rolling over yet... those few times could have been a fluke).  She also sits pretty well in the bumbo and likes standing in our laps.

The three babes...
 And now, all grown up...

 And a few snap shots from bath time one night.  This was the first time we tried bathing June in Lucy's lap... it was pretty sweet...


June - You are getting bigger and bigger every day and have really captured all of our hearts.  When anyone asks about you, I always say the same thing - "she is such a sweet baby".  Sweet really is the best word to describe you, you are easy-going, lovable and just all around good-natured.  I know this will change and we're going to have rough months in the future, but for now, I'm enjoying this phase you are in and just trying to soak up every moment.

Comments