Hank's First Birthday Party

 We have been busy around here, but I suppose this time of year will always be that way.  On December 1st we celebrated Hank's first birthday with our close family and friends. 

We sometimes call Hank - "Hank the Tank", or "Hankers Tankers", or lots of other variations of that so I thought it would be fun to do a "Hank the Tank" army/camo theme for his first birthday.

I'm sure he could have cared less, but I thought it was fitting since he is definitely all boy and is such a bruiser (he was even sporting several war wounds on his face, as you'll see in later pictures)!  I had lots of fun decorating and celebrating my little tank... even if he couldn't fully appreciate it at the time, I know he'll always have these pictures to look back on and know how much we loved and celebrated him on his big day!

I had lots of help with the party - my friend Beth came over and helped me print and tie all the above name tags, my friend Heather made the below sign for me, and my friend Emily and my mom helped with the food. So thankful for such amazing friends family!

Heather also sewed Hank's shirt for the day... so thankful I know someone who has a sewing machine and knows how to use it (well)!

The handsome birthday boy... note all the bruises!


It was such a beautiful day (especially for late November) so we spent a lot of the day outside, and of course, the trampoline was a hit with all the kids!

Our best attempt at a picture of all four of us...
Loved his birthday cake...

Still going strong, but wearing out for present time...

Happy Birthday Hank! We love you so, so, so much and cannot imagine life with out you.  You are an absolute joy and bring smiles and laughter to us daily.

Comments

Post a Comment